Sixteen Candles (1984) – Molly Ringwald was one of the most famous faces in the ’80s, mainly for being a John Hughes staple.
What was the most popular movie in the 80?
|1||E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial||1982|
|2||Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade||1989|
What were five popular movies released in 1980s?
- ‘A Christmas Story’ (1983)
- ‘My Neighbor Totoro’ (1988)
- ‘Moonstruck’ (1987)
- ‘Heathers’ (1989)
- ‘The Breakfast Club’ (1985)
- ‘Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back’ (1980)
- ‘When Harry Met Sally’ (1989)
- ‘Back to the Future’ (1985)
Why 80’s movies are the best?
It was not as limited by budget and social conventions like previous decades. In turn the kind of stories that were able to be told were much more free than the following years. This led to modern classics and some of the most entertaining films that are still regularly watched today.
What are the top 10 highest grossing films of the 1980s?
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
- Batman (1989)
- Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
What were the top 10 grossing movies of 1980?
|1||The Empire Strikes Back||$209,398,025|
|2||9 to 5||$103,290,500|
What was the number 1 movie in December 1980?
|1||9 to 5||Dec 19|
|2||Stir Crazy||Dec 12|
|3||Any Which Way You Can||Dec 17|
|4||Coal Miner’s Daughter||Mar 7|
What was the best year for movies in the 80s?
According to the forthcoming documentary called Greatest Geek Year Ever!, the answer is 1982. Their argument right now is fairly simple. 1982 dropped a few huge ’80s blockbusters, namely ET: The ExtraTerrestrial and Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
What was the #1 movie in 1981?
|1||Raiders of the Lost Ark||$212,222,025|
|2||On Golden Pond||$119,285,432|
What came out in 1980s?
Also, here were the year-end Billboard # 1 songs of the 80s: – 1983: “Every Breath You Take” — The Police. 1984: “When Doves Cry” — Prince. 1985: “Careless Whisper” — Wham! 1986: “That’s What Friends Are For” — Dionne & Friends.
What was the #1 movie in March 1980?
|1||Kramer vs. Kramer||898|
|3||Little Miss Marker||472|
|4||Coal Miner’s Daughter||437|
What was the #1 movie in October 1980?
|38||September 17, 1980||The Exterminator|
|39||September 24, 1980|
|40||October 1, 1980||Hopscotch|
|41||October 8, 1980|
Where can I watch the 80’s classic movies?
- 2. ‘ Dirty Dancing’ TrailersPlaygroundHD.
- 3. ‘ The Breakfast Club’ Movieclips Classic Trailers.
- 4. ‘ Risky Business’ Movieclips.
- 5. ‘ Beetlejuiice’ Movieclips Classic Trailers.
- 6. ‘ Stand By Me’
- 7. ‘ St.
- 8. ‘ Footloose’
- 9. ‘ Eddie Murphy: Raw’
What was the highest grossing film of 1982?
|1||E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial||$359,197,037|
|2||Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark||$212,222,025|
|4||On Golden Pond||$119,285,432|
What was the number one movie in September of 1980?
|1||Ordinary People||Sep 19|
|2||Stardust Memories||Sep 26|
|3||Divine Madness||Sep 26|
What was the number one movie in November 1980?
What is the quintessential 80s movie?
- Blade Runner (1982) R | 117 min | Action, Drama, Sci-Fi.
- Aliens (1986) R | 137 min | Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi.
- The Terminator (1984) R | 107 min | Action, Sci-Fi.
- Revenge of the Nerds (1984)
- Mannequin (1987)
- Weird Science (1985)
- The Goonies (1985)
- Lethal Weapon (1987)
What was popular in 1980?
- Walkman. When the Sony Walkman first became available in the early ’80s, it was like science fiction.
- Members Only jackets. Netflix.
- Air Jordans.
- Garbage Pail Kids.
- Trapper Keeper.
- Rubik’s Cube.
- Fisher Price Cassette Player.
What was the eighties known for?
Often remembered for its materialism and consumerism, the decade also saw the rise of the “yuppie,” an explosion of blockbuster movies and the emergence of cable networks like MTV, which introduced the music video and launched the careers of many iconic artists.
What was the 80s decade known as?
This decade (group of ten years) is sometimes called the “Greed decade” in English speaking countries. Unlike the 1960s and 1970s, this is when the word yuppie was used to describe “young urban professionals” – young adults who lived in cities and started to get good jobs.
Where can I watch 80s and 90s movies?
With Amazon Prime, you have access to the IMDB TV channel, where you can watch hundreds of movies for free (with ads). If you’re feeling nostalgic this weekend, wind things back a few decades and return to the ’80s and ’90s with these free movies.
What is considered the best movie ever made?
- The Shawshank Redemption (1994) R | 142 min | Drama.
- The Godfather (1972) R | 175 min | Crime, Drama.
- The Godfather: Part II (1974) R | 202 min | Crime, Drama.
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
- Pulp Fiction (1994)
- Schindler’s List (1993)
- 12 Angry Men (1957)
- Inception (2010)
What was entertainment like in the 1980s?
Thanks to exposure in videos and movies, break dancing, rap music, and other forms of hip-hop culture soon spread from urban ghettos to suburbia. Pop culture became a melting pot of fashion, image, hipness, trendiness, and attitude. The 1980s was not a decade of greed, style, and self-promotion for everyone.
What was the best decade for movies?
Most film scholars will tell you that the 1970s were the greatest decade of film.
What is the highest-grossing romantic comedy movie of all time?
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002) – The highest-grossing rom-com (and one of the highest-grossing independent films) of all time with a $241.4 million domestic gross, this big fat Greek sleeper hit was based on writer-star Nia Vardalos’ one-woman play and produced by Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson on a $5 million budget.
What is the greatest romance of all time?
- The Notebook.
- Portrait of a Lady on Fire.
- When Harry Met Sally.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.
- The Princess Bride.
- Somewhere In Time.
Guru Josh – Infinity 2012 (DJ Antoine vs Mad Mark Remix) – OFFICIAL VIDEO
Who Is The Richest Man In The World ?
Nice Japanese Song – Melody (Miyuki Ishikawa) – Love Story (w/ Lyrics)